Saturday, May 14, 2011

Young Doctors, Respect and Money...!!!

The word DOCTOR reminds me of the days when my father argued with me to opt for Pre-Medical subjects in FSc. His strongest point to convince me was that the doctor earns a great RESPECT in the society. But I was never born to be a Doctor rather an Engineer. The line was drawn long time back in my childhood when I de-assembled my battery operated toy to discover its inner world and found it interesting. Finally, he let me go my way.

His words "the doctor earns a great RESPECT in the society " always remained in my mind and urge me to ask many questions to myself like would I be able to earn the same respect in the society or not...how can I achieve that…and list goes on and most of the time I failed to satisfy myself against this claim.

Imagine a situation when you or your loved one’s life is at stake and the DOCTOR comes to your survival...The RESPECT for a DOCTOR is unavoidable in this case. Now think of the situation when you or your loved one’s life is at stake and the DOCTOR goes on STRIKE...just to get more MONEY as their livelihood. Would a DOCTOR earn a GREAT respect in the society.?

The recent strike by Young Doctors Association of Punjab that lasted for couple of days has left many patients unattended in the hours of sufferings and eventually few of them died due to lack of treatment as a result of their STRIKE. Now many questions come in my mind that had the moral values of their profession changed now..?  Can a DOCTOR really let somebody die for the sake of a pay rise and few perks..?

7 comments:

  1. Emotionally it looks interesting but practically things are different.

    Like every profession medical is a profession and in professional life no body provides services without money, Doctors associations demanded their due right and professionally speaking there was nothing wrong with it.

    Its state responsibility to provide sufficient means of livelihood that professionals working for state feel satisfaction while performing their duties, unfortunately that's not the case in Pakistan.

    Keeping in view current inflation statistics of about 20 Per. Doctors demands were absolutely correct.

    Irfan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Demanding something is onething, but where does one draw the line of whats acceptable and when has one gone too far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Materialistic Work really. It was unfortunate but the dynamics of the profession are based on money nowadays rather then moral values....

    ReplyDelete
  4. all this is due to change in concept while choosing career , previously peoples go for medical with aim for serving not for money but now people’s choice medical by thinking that there is alot of money for doctors . its my personal view medical field should join by those who has aim to help humanity and that alternatively return them alot

    muhammad waseem

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO one in the world works for free, everyone needs the reward of his hard work. The salaraies of young doctors in government hospitals are very less and it is their right to demand for increment and they demanded it many times but if the head of stats dont listen then ofcourse the only way for them to protest is to stop work.

    You expect a DOCTOR to keep working at low salary to serve humanity then as an engineer why dont you work at low salary in Pakistan in Government organization to serve Pakistan?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear, if you say letting some body die due to denial of medical treatment due to any reason and under any circumstances is justified then I can say anything over it. On a side note private medical treatment is already out of reach for common Pakistani.

    Regarding serving the Pakistan, I could not be more useful for Pakistan when I was in Pakistan than abroad.The foriegn remittance we send to Pakistan reqularly serve as blood transfusion to support the economy of the country.Personaly I have been doing some efforts for flood relief victims and for education of the poor children those can not afford the school fee for a public school even.

    ReplyDelete